Información no convencional

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

México Lindo I

10/3/08
Time to go to México!!! Alvaro, Cristina's friend come over ECJ to pick me up to head out to the airport. Sweet, good start. I have the feeling is gonna be awesome: México, beach, nice group...
I met the rest of the people at the airport. Group:
Cristina (middle, first row): she works for Kinney in a project. Undergraduate, almost chemical engineer, from Huesca.
Jesus (left, first row): he works in the same project. Undergraduate, 1 year left aprox, chemical engineer, from Madrid.
Guillaume (not in the pic): Liberal arts (history I guess), from France/USA.
Laure (not in the pic): Civil/architectural engineer, from Bayonne (half spanish/french)
Ana(right, first row): enviromental scientist, from Jaen.
Mary (left, second row): from Italy.
Jamal (third row): half mexican/morocco(and USA I guess).
Michelle (right, second row): côte d'Ivore.
Although normally is sunny in Austin, today is raining cats and dogs and we have a storm over us! As a result, our f....flight is delayed. Conection in Houston delayed as well, it is supposed to depart at 7pm, and as you can see, it is almost 9pm and we are still here!(this time fortunately, otherwise we would have missed it!).
Cancún!!! OMG is so hot and humid (same feeling that I had when I went to Cuba). The wonderful hotel Solymar is waiting for us!!! after paying like 100$ in a cab, we got it! we are so excited! we have to pick up the key, leave the stuff and just enjoy the night.
Surprise!!!! they tell us that they dont have any reservation for us. the hotel has normal rooms and like private rooms(condos). we may've booked one of this condos. After several hours waiting and solving the problem, we got our rooms.
how are we going to divide the group this first night?? " the girls and the guys separate" Ana's dixit. I tried to bother her with this for a while, jeje.
One room is better than the other one. "The girls should take the best one" Jamal's dixit. I mean I agree, why not. But where is the line between being polite and considerate with women and being male chauvinist? I am not suggesting at all he is like that. I know he behaves in this way with everybody, polite and considered. I just wanted to make this reflexion.
Come on it is 3am! lets have some beers: lets take a cab to buy some beers in OXXO, a 24h minimarket really popular and easy to find in México. We dont have something similar in Spain. 7/11 could be the equivalent in the States.
The guys were in the beach talking about politics, languages... till more than 6am. We even saw the sunrise. Awesome. A quick swim in this fabulous ocean before going to bed. Warm water, awesome. Good group, the trip is promising. Jesus and Cristina are really nice and a bit freaks like me. They like Muchachada nui, Buenafuente's jokes... they told me about the chiqui-chiqui, "perreo perreo". I feel integrated.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Juanpe, irte hasta la otra punta del mundo para ir a Cancún con otros españoles y hablar del chiqui-chiqui si es que...

Jp said...

ej queeee!!! En español sonaría mejor y contaría mas cosas. La barrera del idioma, el próximo quizás en español.
y'all guys are awesome!
jamal a jamalll!
jp.